At IVLA, we love to connect students with new resources for both learning and social interaction. We recently came across the High School Esports League, who informed us they're having a 2020 Summer Open challenge. Gaming as an educational tool is something we've recently been researching to brainstorm ways in which we can offer additional immersive learning tools to our students. If you have any feedback about this genre of learning and the gamification of certain educational tools, leave us a comment below!
The HSEL 2020 Summer Open offers the following:
- Eight (8) weeks of regular season video game matches;
- Eleven (11) different video games to choose from, including the newly released Valorant;
- The opportunity for players to compete every day;
- The ability for players to include their classmates and other high school students for a summer full of video gaming fun;
- Bragging rights and prizes up to $250 in scholarships per winner.
Ready to sign up?
Go to: 2020 Summer Open Sign Up
All IVLA (grades 9-12) students are welcome to participate upon parental/guardian approval. There is a $30.00 registration fee that allows players to play an unlimited number of games.
- The 2020 Summer Open Registration ENDS June 21, 2020 – Sign up asap!
- Preseason begins June 8, 2020!
- Season Tournaments run from June 22, 2020 until August 16, 2020
Want to learn more about what is offered? Sign up for a webinar here: 2020 Summer Open Overview
For any questions, please set up a time to contact HSEL directly for additional information regarding their 2020 Summer Open Video Game Tournament.
Have a terrific 2020 Summer Open!