IVLA Prepares Students for College – Both in the Classroom and on the Court and Field
International Virtual Learning Academy excels in serving students from a variety of backgrounds. We have actors, musicians, traveling families and military families. We also have athletes.
To better serve athletes, IVLA pursued NCAA approval. Considering the rigorous requirements to be an NCAA approved online school, IVLA is proud of this accomplishment and happy to make this highly sought after distinction available to student athletes.
IVLA offers NCAA approved courses through its Apex Learning System for high school students pursuing NCAA eligibility.
What is NCAA Eligibility?
NCAA eligibility certifies whether prospective college athletes are eligible to play sports at NCAA Division I or II institutions.
Student athletes must register with the NCAA Eligibility Center. Students generally register sophomore or junior year of high school.
What do I need for eligibility?
Requirements for eligibility include:
- Meeting core course requirements specific to NCAA Division I or Division II.
- Meeting grade-point averages on a sliding scale when compared to ACT and SAT test scores for NCAA Division I or meeting grade and test requirements for Division II.
- Completion of Amateurism Certificate.
For full explanation of eligibility requirements, go to www.eligibilitycenter.org.
Why IVLA for Student Athletes?
- Course Scheduling – Student athletes at IVLA can start their course of study at any time during the year.
- Learning Flexibility – Because our Apex Learning System is an online format, learning can happen at any time, any place. Thus, student athletes can schedule their learning and their training to their best advantage.
- Learning Pace – Student athletes can work at their own pace, with extra practice and support where they need it and the option to excel where they can.
- Support – Each course at IVLA is supported by a teacher who will track students’ progress and answer students’ questions. IVLA teachers are certified and highly qualified.
- Interaction – Student athletes are assigned a success coach who will work closely with the student and family. The success coach provides weekly feedback regarding student progress. In addition, success coachs facilitate online homeroom sessions, where students engage in shared learning experiences with other students.
What is Apex Learning?
Apex Learning is an online curriculum focused in math, science, English, social studies, world languages and Advanced Placement courses. An engaging format that offers individualized learning, Apex assists students in building foundational skills as well as creating opportunities for advanced coursework. Apex students engage in active learning that assists them in developing critical thinking skills and preparing them for college and work. Apex Learning courses have been approved by the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) as meeting the requirements for initial-eligibility certification status for high school student athletes wishing to compete in college.
Interested in looking further into our NCAA approved program?
Take a look at the Apex Learning system demo.
Explore our site to get a feel for we are as a learning community.
Chat with one of our enrollment specialists.
About IVLA: International Virtual Learning Academy is a fully accredited private online school for grades K-12. IVLA has been serving families in the US and around the world for 10 years. Thousands of students have found the excellence, flexibility, and support offered by IVLA to be the key to pursuing their dreams beyond high school.