Myth #1: – Employers won’t recognize my homeschool online diploma
False. It used to be popular knowledge that a non-public or non-private school diploma was the same as homeschooling and that, because most homeschool instruction was done by stay-at-home moms, your diploma was only as good as your mother’s teaching skills.
Over the past ten years, IVLA has revised popular knowledge about homeschooling.
IVLA is proud to offer the best in state-of-the-art, up-to-date online curriculum and makes it all available through our learning partner, Global Student Network. IVLA awards a certified California State High School Diploma and is accredited by AdvancEd, which represents the combined policies and procedures for accreditation from:
- North Central Association Commission on Accreditation and School Improvement (NCA CASI);
- Northwest Accreditation Commission (NWAC); and
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Council on Accreditation and School Improvement (SACS CASI).
Myth #2: – Online students miss out on valuable educational resources and social interactions
False. IVLA recognizes that your online education involves more than just completing coursework. That’s why IVLA offers a variety of resources designed to create a positive and productive online learning experience.
- Opportunities for one-on-one communication with teachers and mentors;
- Links to online library resources; and
- Online student communities – “Online” doesn’t have to mean “alone.” Once you are registered for IVLA programs, you will have access to other IVLA students through our popular Student Access link as well as through links to other online learning experiences.
We promise you that, at IVLA, you don’t have to feel alone. We will be with you all the way —an online experience designed to address your individual needs and a commitment to making your experience a perfect fit for your educational growth.
Myth #3: – All online diploma programs are the same
False. IVLA is unique in its approach to online learning because we are a year-round, private, online school for students in grades K-12. IVLA faculty members are highly qualified instructors who meet the California State requirements for a private school faculty. Faculty members interact frequently with students and parents to assess, prescribe, and monitor student progress. IVLA’s learning systems provide complete individualization to each student’s learning needs. IVLA offers over 400 courses of the most innovative, engaging, and effective online curriculum available.
Click here to discover why IVLA has become the online K-12 education provider of choice by students and parents, worldwide.