The regulation specifies that parents who decide to begin home instruction or parents who move into the district after the start of the school year must file a letter of intent within 14 days of beginning home instruction within the district.
From that point on, the usual timelines apply:
- Within 10 business days of receiving the letter, the district must furnish the parent with a copy of C.R. 100.10 and an IHIP form for each child.
- Within 4 weeks of receiving it, the parent must submit the completed IHIP to the district.
- Within 10 business days of receiving the IHIP, the district must notify the parent whether it complies with the requirements of the regulation or give written notice of any deficiency.
- Within 15 days of receiving a notice of deficiency, the parent must submit a revised IHIP which corrects the deficiencies.
- Within 15 days of receiving the revised IHIP, the district must notify the parent as to whether it complies with the regulation.